The morning after a wind storm we awoke to our fence laying flat on the ground. Not the best news, but at least I had a whole bunch of distressed wood to make a few things. I wish I had patterns to tell you for these, but really I just got out the skill saw and drill and went to town with no real plan. Here’s what I did:
US flag: Wood split in half longways to make smaller pieces. I used barn red, navy, and off-white paint and made the vinyl wording and star stencil with my Silhouette.
Frame: I tried something new with this, still deciding if I like it. I had a green distressed frame, so I made a pallet background for it to help it to stand out and make it look bigger. I covered it in Mod Podge (after washing with water) to give it a shiny look. I like how all the grain shows through, but not sure if I like the overall look. This is just a stock photo added in.