It seems like everyone I know is having a baby girl.. which is fabulous! I made these hair bow holders out of items I already had at home.
- A 12×12 canvas (or whatever size you want)
- Felt (doesn’t matter what color, just used for “softness” or filling behind fabric, about 16×16 inches
- Cute material, 16×16 inches
- Staple gun
- Hair bow making supplies
Basically, make a mini quilt, without finishing the edges, then staple it around the canvas. Like this:
Need more instructions? Here’s step-by-step:
1. Layer felt and material, sew three equally spaced lines down the center of the fabric (this will be where you place the ribbons).
2. Line up the ribbon along the sewed lines (I taped them on with painter’s tape) and then secure them by sewing along the edge of the fabric. You want the actual ribbon loose so that hair clips can be attached. The ribbon is only attached at the bottom and top.
3. Place “quilt” material face down and fold over edges. Secure with staple gun.
4. Make some cute bows, attach to ribbons, all done!